Sunday, August 3, 2008

Astro Camp, Hair and Vernal




This last week was fun for everyone. Cade got to go to Astro Camp Utah for the 3rd year. This time it was Academy camp which is all the space shuttle mission simulations plus leadership,service and time at Camp Williams for teambuilding courses. His call name was Pepe' which is the call name for his old soccer coach that flies F16s. You can tell by the video how much he has grown through the experience.




Jansen and Denver spent a great week with Grandma and Grandpa Perry in Vernal. They got to do all the cool things like shoot guns, go fishing, look for deer, ride four wheelers and work for their food. Thanks a ton to mom and dad for that! The poor girls were so sad that they didn't get to go out again. They had their turn a couple a weeks ago plus got to play dress up with family wedding dresses. What more could a girl ask for? Unless it's me and once upon a time I would have suggested a game of flag football or hunting down a new Star Wars trading card.


Oh yes and the mom training continues with a hair lesson this week. Karen Anderson did a great job helping learn how to do an "updo" for the girls now that their hair is getting long enough. Also some great tips on hair bands and such. I practiced the updo today for church and can you believe it? I did it! Took longer than it should have I am sure, but I never did practice on those toy doll heads when I was little. Although, Karen told I could come play with her practice doll head to get up to speed on different braiding techniques. Uhmm...maybe after I cross the Pacific in a raft with no wind. I am sure it will make the list of things I want to do at that point.




Oh and my favorite house building task for the week? Picking toilets! I guess the Cadet 3 is the plumbers favorite so I choose the higher standing oval shaped one(it's what Guy wanted.) I guess I thought they were all the same. Guess not. Who knew? Lots of happy flushing for years to come!